How it all began
After having worked in public service for 23 years, including 10 years in a management position, Monique felt the need to return to a certain quality of life, to have time for herself and her children, time to devote herself to her passions (hiking, trail running and exploring the local heritage) and time to get involved in the community life.
In 2002, she accomplished retraining.
In 2014, Monique’s son Jérémy joined her in the management of the Lataniers. Jérémy studied hotel business and gained professional experience while working in 3 and 4-star hotels on Reunion and in England. The BA degree in tourism he obtained prepared him in the best possible way to face all aspects of his socio-professional environment.
Développement de l’activité
In 2000, Guy and Monique built a charming house on 3,000 m² of virgin land accommodating the family and later, stone by stone, holiday rental units followed: 2 units in 2003, 1 unit in 2004, another one in 2010 and the last 4 apartments in 2015.The garden was planted gradually with several exotic, indigenous or endemic species.
Since 2011, the family property has been being restructured and new construction works have been taking place in order to offer the guests a larger range of leisure activities and create holiday apartments that are even more comfortable:
- 2011: swimming pool area
- 2012: pool room, spa pool and luggage storage
- since 2013: arranging of wellness massages
- 2014: additional car park and upgrade of the first apartments
- 2015: construction of a new building with 4 very nice holiday apartments allowing also to accommodate persons with mobility impairment.
In 2011, a studio on the east coast of Reunion, in Sainte Marie, was also transformed into a holiday rental unit called Magellan.
In September 2012, the family business turned into SARL MODESOVACANCES, a business with limited responsibility. Today the company runs the entire property of the Lataniers and the studio Magellan.
Quality & certification marks
From the first construction on Monique’s wish had been to provide her guests with a most pleasant setting for their holidays which she always intended to be calm, charming and comfortable.
The first ratings and certification marks were obtained as soon as the holiday apartments were rented for the first time.
- 2003: 1st 3-star classification by Atout France
- 2009: 1st certification mark 3 CléVacances
- 2011: certification mark Villages Créoles
- 2011: 3-star classification by Atout France for the studio Magellan in Sainte Marie certification mark 3 CléVacances for the studio Magellan in Sainte Marie
- December 2015: certification mark 4 CléVacances for all holiday apartments of the Lataniers